Thursday, March 26, 2020

Assignment 19A- Idea Napkin No.2





I am a fourth year Spanish and Business student who in my time at the University of Florida have acquired some very useful skills and knowledge. I would describe myself as very hardworking, dedicated, and detail-orientated person. Working as a customer service representative for about six years is what allowed me to acquire many of the skills I mentioned above. But the most important thing I learned from this job was how to communicate and create a relationship with customers as well as potential customers. In terms of my business concept I see this being a game changer especially since nicotine addiction has been something that has plagued us for years and before the introduction of these vape-like products we had nearly eradicated it. My hopes for this opportunity are that it not only helps people to end their addictions but also helps to improve their health. I would also like to see this product be used outside in countries in Europe because after visiting there I saw that not only did a lot of people smoke cigarettes but a lot of them were young adults. My plan is to offer to people a vape product that does not contain toxins harmful to the body and is nicotine free so as not to supplement an addiction they may already have. When marketing this product, I plan to target not just younger adults ages 18-25 but also those 25+ because often times those addicted to nicotine containing products begin at a young age and use them for the rest of their lives. There is no specific race or gender as anyone can become addicted, but I would use some of my resources to speak with cardiologist to inform them of my product so that if they think a patent might be a potential candidate they could refer me. But a major common theme here for each customer is that they either want to quit using nicotine-containing products or their health is at risk. I think my customers will care about this product because it can help improve their health and because many of the people using these vape products are young adults and even children. I think what sets me apart from other companies is that I genuinely care about the customers I am trying to help and want to provide them with a product that does not pose a health risk. Most companies produce these products and don’t care about the long-term effects and who will be using them.

            I do think that all these components fit together because my skills coupled with my passion could really make an incredible product. The only problem I could possibly see is getting people to put down these other vape products and understand that my product is a healthier alternative for them. I received some great feedback from my last idea napkin and many said they loved how detailed it was because it gave them a very good idea of the type of person I am and the product I want to sell. Some people also mentioned that I shouldn’t forget about the older age groups who use nicotine which is important because many older generations would be great customers as well.


1 comment:

  1. Hey there Katelyn, I enjoyed the fact that you included your backstory and reason why you are so determined to help provide vaping alternatives to the general public. Providing your consumers with a good persona that seems real and humane will help push your message and products. It is absolutely true that you should push your products to older groups as well, as they are the most affected by nicotine addiction. Great job!

    ReplyDelete