Domain expert:
I was able to exchange a few emails with the
owner of Camelot Super Smoke Shop that is a local business in my hometown. His
smoke shop offers various products including vape like JUUL. I found him online
when I was looking at the local smoke shops in my area. I told him about my
potential product and asked if he saw any success in my plan. He gave my some
very good feedback about what customers look for and others things he has
noticed and learned about vape products.
Market expert:
I was able
to message a representative from “The Facts Now” which is an organization
trying to bring an end to smoking and the use of tobacco products. I explained
to her my business plan as well as the product I wanted to create and she gave
me a few tips on marketing and how to engage young people like her company has
been doing. Including her in my network could be very useful for not only more
feedback but I could also use this company to help get my product out there and
advertised.
Supplier:
I was able
to email a representative from Altria’s( they are a tobacco distributor) investor
relations department and ask for their feedback on my potential product. I
found this person online when I was looking for tobacco companies in the state
of Florida that actually allowed me to contact them. I was only able to
exchange a couple e-mails but the representative was able to provide me with
valuable information on getting a leg into this kind of industry. She also gave
me her own personal thoughts on her product and was very interested.
I think
this experience was very helpful because I don’t have a lot of experience in
networking for a business, so it helped to boost my confidence for future
networking events. It also helped me to become more comfortable and okay with
receiving criticism. This networking
experience was very different from others I have done because it was more
professional whereas normally the networking I do is less formal and for my own
social circle.
Hey there Katelyn, the people you managed to contact is fairly impressive, especially the owner of the smoke shop in your home town! Great work! Having someone close to home is extremely important since you can easily contact them in case of any additional questions. Your market expert and supplier were both extremely impressive as well, be sure to keep them in your contacts. Cheers! Tina.
ReplyDelete