Thursday, February 6, 2020

Assignment 8A-Solving the Problem


The opportunity I selected was finding a way to fight the growing number of young adults addicted to vaping products such as JUULs which have started to lead to detrimental health effects. Although it is obvious that there are also older adults who use it has recently become an epidemic and went from college students using these products to middle and high schoolers. My opportunity is meant to create a very relatable yet safe product that doesn’t encourage vaping but helps those who are addicted to nicotine convert to a life without it. Although research is still going on about the effects of vaping products without nicotine I think the first step to creating this product is to develop a model product that can be used for research purposes and changed according to the results that are found. This research would require me to work with doctors and scientist to determine which ingredients in nicotine containing products are harmful to the body and to try and fine safe and natural alternatives for the body. I would expect research to last about 3-5 years and after that a first-generation product would hopefully be released and approved. Even after this product is released I would like to continue research to come to a good conclusion on the effects it has on the body long term. Or if the creation of a nicotine-free product proves to be too difficult I think that holding seminars or conventions at colleges and high schools can be a good way to inform these young adults of what they are actually putting into their body. Meaning they would talk about the toxins in many of the vape products and the long- and short-term health effects they can have on your body. The point of these would be to at least provide them with the information needed to make the right decision.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Kate! Although I think you have a good idea here, I believe that there's already other products out there that help people addicted to JUULing. I really admire your determination towards this goal and passion to help people addicted to nicotine. However, I don't know how feasible your goal is. Really good work overall and hope achieve your goal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there Kate! I think your idea overall is great, it is clear that you actually care about the issue at hand, which will only benefit you during this process. Thinking about the actual toxins and chemicals that affect the body and relying on scientific data and studies will benefit you as well. It is always good to rely on more tangible evidence to draw people in who would use your product.

    ReplyDelete