Thursday, January 23, 2020

Bug List




1.     I cannot stand when I’m waiting to check out and the person in front of me is indecisive or running back to grab more items.
  This bug exists because some people genuinely forget things or become unsure of some of the items in their cart.
2.     I don’t like when I’m doing homework or reading in Library west and the people around me are being very loud.
  This bug exists because some people are not considerate of others or simply don’t realize how loud they’re talking.
3.     I hate when I go with my mom to run errands and she says we’re just going to three stores and we end up going to like 10 different stores.
 This bug exists because my mom knows that if she tells me everywhere, she plans on going I won’t come with her and drive her around.
4.     I don’t like when my roommate lets her cat scratch up our apartment’s furniture.
 This bug exists because my roommate never corrects her cats behavior so the cat thinks it’s ok to do this to the furniture.
5.     When I order food ahead of time on an app but I get to the restaurant and still have to wait 10-15 minutes for the food.
 This bug exists because sometimes restaurants are very busy.
6.     When I’m walking to class and people decide to just stop in the middle of the sidewalk and have a conversation.
 This bug exists because people see someone they know and start talking and don’t realize they’re stopped right in the middle of the sidewalk.
7.     When my brother drinks almost all the milk but puts the last sip back in the refrigerator so he doesn’t have to take the container out to the recycling bin.
 This bug exists because my brother doesn’t like to take things out to the recycling bin and trash.
8.     When my brother uses all the toilet paper but doesn’t put on a new roll even though they’re five feet from him.
 This bug exists because my brother is just too lazy to put on a new roll.
9.     When me and my mom have been waiting in line for 10-15 minutes and when we get to the counter, she still doesn’t know what she wants to order.
 This bug exists because my mom is very indecisive and never knows what she wants.
10.   When I’m out to dinner with my family and my mom sends the food back.
  This bug exists because my mom is very particular and doesn’t like her food cold or when her order is wrong.
11.  When my roommates leave dishes in the sink for days then complain about the apartment being dirty.
 This bug exists because my roommates are dirty.
12.  When people at my apartment complex take up two spots knowing that parking is limited.
 This bug exists because people are inconsiderate or don’t know how to park correctly.
13.  When my roommates wash clothes and leave them in there for days making it so no one else can wash clothes.
 This bug exists because my roommates forget to move their clothes
14.  When people suck out of a straw loudly when there’s clearly nothing left in the cup.
   This bug exists because people think that they nee to drink every last drop of whats in their cup.
15.  I don’t like when I’m relaxing at my apartment alone and people invite themselves over without asking.
  This bug exists because people don’t think they need to ask before coming over.
16.  When I’m in the elevator at my apartment complex and the door is about to close but someone hits the button at the last minute to reopen the doors.
 This bug exists because people don’t want to wait for the next available elevator.
17.  At my job there’s a snack area for faculty and places to eat and they always leave food crumbs everywhere.
 This bug exists because either people don’t realize they’re leaving food behind or they don’t care.
18.   When I go to Walmart (or any store really) and its very busy and people are waiting to checkout, but they only have two lanes open.
 This bug exists because Walmart never has enough staff available.
19.  When I bring home leftovers from a restaurant and have been waiting all day to eat them but come home and find that someone else has already eaten them.
  This bug exists because my brother (the one who usually eats my leftovers) thinks I wont notice and he’s usually too lazy to cook something for himself.
20.  It annoys me when I’m in public at a store somewhere and someone is just too close to me and refuses to say, “excuse me”.
     This bug exists because some people don’t care about being close to other and don’t         understand the term “personal space”.



This exercise was a bit hard for me because I had to think of all the things that bug me whether they were big or small. At first it was easy because I knew a few things off the top of my head that really annoy me. But as I got farther down the list it took more time for me to think about all the little things that bug me in my day to day life.And I was honestly surprised that I was able to find 20 things that bug me.


4 comments:

  1. I think a lot of people would agree with your bug list. I felt your pain with the ones about your mom. Also, I’m currently dealing with the one about roommates leaving their clothes in the washer/dryer...so annoying. Overall, I noticed how crazy it is that so many of our bugs come from things that other people do and don’t notice. It makes me wonder what things I do that bug other people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your big list is extremely relatable, Walmart is a hellstore that I avoid at all costs. The straw one killed me, especially cause those people tend to be straw chewers too. The worst kind of people, along with people who eat your leftovers. Honestly the more I read the more I would hype myself up over similar peeves. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your bug list was very interesting to read! Numbers 1 and 5 stood out to me because I can relate to why they bug you, especially the ones about people being inconsiderate of your time. I don't like ordering ahead when I'm in a rush only to have to sit and wait a lot longer than they said it would take. Thanks for sharing and awesome post!

    ReplyDelete