Thursday, January 30, 2020

Assignment 3A- Your Entrepreneurship Story




        I have been exposed to entrepreneurship more times than I can remember but I think my most memorable experience in this field was in high school when I was the president of the National Honor Society. As president it was my job to come up with fundraisers and events to raise money for our organization so we could make donations to help others. When I was thinking of what fundraisers we could do I always thought about my target audience and what types of things they would like to buy or what would sell the most. It was a bit hard considering the majority of us had limited funds because we were just high schoolers, but it always ended up working out and being fun. I soon realized that it also helped to do fundraisers around holidays because that’s when people were most willing to spend money. I think the coolest entrepreneur that I’ve met is my mom because I’ve watched over the past 12 years how she has turned her small business into such a powerhouse. She started out with almost nothing and is now one of the highest producing agents in her zone. And whenever people ask her how she did it she always says that it’s just patience and hard work. Those first few years were very difficult as she tried to increase her clientele but now, she says those late nights paid off. Another major thing she mentioned is community. Customers love to see that their agent gives back to the community and doesn’t just look to take people’s money.
         If I’m being completely honest, I enrolled in ENT3003 because I needed one more 3000 level elective so I could graduate. But after the first couple weeks of being in this class I’ve realized that this class could be very helpful for me as I enter the “real world”. A lot of the things that we’ve gone over can be applied to more than just entrepreneurism so I’m looking forward to seeing how I can apply these concepts to my life as well.


Image result for patrice weston state farm insurance

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Being president is a big responsibility and it sounds like you took on the role well. Thinking about who your audience and consumers will be is a very smart thing to do. If you don't appeal to your audience, no one will want to partake in your product or service. Also, I loved the part about your mom being the coolest entrepreneur you know. It sounds like she was determined to pull through and she did. Wish her the best of luck as she continues to grow in her business. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As Danielle said, being president of the National Honor Society is a great achievement and sounds like it did a great job in introducing you to an entrepreneurship mindset. Also, your mom being the coolest entrepreneur you know is awesome and she sounds like she does a lot of great stuff for your community. Great job on your post, you sound like you have a strong entrepreneurship background that will help you out in this class!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Being President of the National Honors Society definitely gives you a leg up in dealing with leadership and entrepreneurship. Having not only personal experience, but having a mother who displays these attributes and success stories is wonderful! Best of luck to both you and your mother, I'm sure success will come easy with that mindset and determination. (Great post btw).

    ReplyDelete