Existing market
For my
venture i think our next step would be to expand and offer other products like
alternative chewing tobacco that is nicotine free and even get involved with
organizations trying to bring an end to cigarette smoking and tobacco use. i
think that our customers would want us to become involved with organizations
that want to end smoking and also add more products to our company to help
people stop using nicotine. considering that, i think the best decision for my
venture would be to expand our product line because this could bring in more
customers and partner with these organizations to provide seminars to college
and high school students.
New market
I think a
radically different market i could target is people in the older demographic
ages 45-70. many people in this age range are lifetime smokers and have
additional health problems so they might be more willing to make the switch to
my product because their health is at stake. i think that people would be very
open to this idea find it useful because many younger people have parents or grandparents
who have been smoking for years and now they have major health problems. i
think this new market could be as prolific as my original market because this
new demographic is more concerned about their health. they’re not young and
carefree so a new product that is similar to smoking but does not contain
nicotine would be amazing for them.
Hi, Katelyn. You quickly mentioned getting involved with other organizations that support the same cause that you do, and I think this would be very important. As we all know, personal relationships and support go a long way in business, and I think it would be especially beneficial in your case to take advantage of existing organizations. I also agree that a nicotine-free product for the older generation would be very beneficial. Good job!
ReplyDeleteHey there Katelyn! I enjoyed what you described for your radically different market. It makes sense to market to that age range, as they are some of the most affected by nicotine and I have met people within that age range are desperate for some sort of solution to help their addiction. I would like to add that the existing market is great too. Great work as always!
ReplyDeleteHi Katelyn, I think that expanding the number of products you're offering is a great idea for your existing market. I also like the idea you mentioned of getting involved with organizations to give seminars to students, because the best way to get rid of our country's tobacco problem would be to stop young people from ever picking it up. Great post and thanks for sharing!
ReplyDelete